Thursday, May 17, 2007

How are you?

It has come to my attention that I never ask how the people who happen to read this poor excuse for a blog are.

No this is not a lame attempt to get people to comment on this post.

But I realised how little I actually ask this and show my interest in the answer. In the country I am presently in, there is a greeting which is said something like "yarite". It is obviously an amalgamation of the words "are you alright".

As so many people ask how are you just because they don't know what else say, hoping that you won't reply with anything except some variation of "fine", the brits and unfortunately I, ask this question of the people we meet in the stairway at work - "yaright". Often, the response will be "yaright" nothing further. What is the point of asking if we're not really interested.

So, how are you, or yarite?

I hope you are all fine, but if you're not - I hope that if we actually met in the street and I asked how you are, that you'd feel like you could say what's going on, either way.

See ya round.

PS - How lame is the new Linkin Park album
PPS - How lame was Spiderman 3 - venom was wicked but only in it for like 2 seconds

1 Comments:

Blogger ryan said...

not too shabby

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home